School Councils provide a forum through which parents and guardians and other members of the school community can contribute to improve student achievement and school performance. The School Council is an advisory body of volunteers who work together to provide ideas and opinions to help the Principal and sometimes the Board, make the school a better place for learning for all students.
Vision: The MDHS School Council will work as advocates to identify and support the school goals that enhance both academic and holistic learning opportunities for the benefit of all students. Council will work as advocates to support the emotional, social and overall well-being of all students.
Mission Statement: School Council acts in an outreach capacity to encourage the continuing involvement of families in the students' school lives, as they transition from primary to high school. The families of Milton District High School students work harmoniously with staff, and community members, to support the success of every student.
Guiding Principles: The Milton District School Council will model tolerant, inclusive supportive behaviours, as illustrated by the following:
- Every parent who wishes to participate and contribute to Council activities shall be welcomed and afforded the opportunity to participate
- Volunteers' contributions of time and/or talents will be valued and recognized
- Every person who interacts with, and/or is a member of, Council, will show, and be shown, respect
- Ideas will be freely shared and considered
- The greater good of the school community will be considered above the interest of any one student, family or staff
- The activities and discussions of Council will be action-oriented
To view the complete Milton District School Council Constitution, please click here.
We are pleased to share our Milton District School Council Executive for 2019-2020
Chair: Elizabeth Lavery
Co-Chair: Missy Bartholomew
Secretary: April Kilfoyle
PIC Rep: Bhawna Sharma & April Kilfoyle
Student Rep (s): Avi Roy or Maheesha Thiyagarajah - Student Government or Spencer MDHS - News Team
Teacher Rep: Bonnie Wrigglesworth
Non-Teaching Rep: Sue Lamarre
Principal: Rasa Baksys